Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 26 November 2013

Library net cafe

I recently re-joined the library.  It’s cheaper than an internet café.  In fact, it’s free.

My personal advisor at the job centre suggested it, so after inquiring if I had any outstanding fines, I re-joined.

I’ve got books on PowerPoint and Excel, and on copywriting.  At present, I apply for some jobs that requires one to have knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel. 

I’ve never before used PowerPoint, and several years ago I done a course on Excel, but I’ve since forgotten everything.

I’m finding the PowerPoint easier to get to grips with.  I think I need to attend a refresher course for the Excel, so I can have one to one help rather than plough slowly through a book without advice or help.

I’m sure if I had a physical tutor I’d get to grips with things far quicker.

I’m sure the charts and graphs are interesting, and I’d hedge a bet that spreadsheets could be interesting too, if only one could do them competently with confidence.

I’m not sure if I’d enjoy a job as a number cruncher or a data input what-have-you, but that could depend upon what input and numbers one would be crunching.

I’ve also borrowed an excellent book on rhetoric, which is so short and small, I am transcribing it onto my laptop.  I’ll probably save up or budget to buy a copy.  However, I’ll continue transcribing it as it helps me practice my touch-typing.


No comments:

Post a Comment